Linking Aadhaar with Health data
• Patients’ Aadhaar numbers will be linked to a health ID cards and these will be used in electronic health records. This will allow continuity of care when patients go to a facility and the records can be shared electronically. This will avoid duplication.
• The health records will contain all the information related to the patient including name, address, and the health records produced during his or her visit to the hospital such as X-ray reports, blood test reports among others.
• The use of data could include epidemiological analysis related to disease outbreaks, for instance.
• For example, for policy-making on HIV treatment, policy-maker needs to know how many individuals are HIV positive
• De-identification is temporarily de-linking data from information that might be used to identify a patient.