Making Chandigarh Child Beggary Free
It is a right of every child to have a fulfilling childhood. As there is no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children, there is an urgent need to address the issue of child beggary.
• 1200 cases of child beggary in Chandigarh – this will be reduced to zero
• A core team was formed led by the Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh to address the issue
• Convergent model envisaged – involvement of Chandigarh Administration, statutory bodies, media and public
• Model will be supported by back-end technology like Child Tracking System
• It will be linked with the National Child Labour Project to ensure livelihoods of parents. This will curb further entry of children in beggary